Tuesday 18 January 2011

This week I'm mostly buying...too much.

Ok, I'm a great lover of fashion. I don't claim to be great at what's hot to wear and 'on trend' but I know I like what I like. And if you wear what you like and what you're comfortable in rather than what you think is fashionable, it shows. This year so far I've been a great lover of tailored pants and bought two pairs already!

The first outfit I bought was this little ensemble:


The trousers are navy twill paperbag trousers, £29.50, Dorothy Perkins. The top is a blue bird print blouse, £28.00 from Dorothy Perkins. Both items are in the New In range and Dorothyperkins.com is currently offering 15% off your new spring wardrobe off this particular range.

I love this outfit on! I feel really comfortable and on trend! I'll post a picture further on with what it looks like on a Z-list model! I dressed this up with some bright coloured shoes, a berry colour - but I think any colour would be suitable. The bright coloured shoes gives it more of a pop as the other items are quite neutral and more of a blank canvas to really accessorise it up. I'm wearing mine to a house party so I've added a chunky beige cardi over the top (Primark have some nice ones in at the moment.). This outfit has a real 40s/50s feel for me so I'd complement with loose waves, and a bold lipstick with minimal eye makeup with the exception of maybe the feline flick! Go for a bright nail polish too as matching lip colour to nail colour is very now!



So I'm loving my first new outfit of Spring/Summer 2011!

My next outfit is pretty similar, but you gotta love these trousers. This is more a relaxed outfit.


These pants are dark green chino trousers, £32.99, River Island. The top is an orange/coral coloured basic button through sleeveless shirt, £18.00, Topshop.

With this outfit you could add a cut off denim jacket or a neutral coloured cardigan. You could dress this up from daywear by swapping cute flat ballet pumps with some shoes with attutide. I'd stick to my fathful Topshop lace up shoe boots that have lasted me all the way from Autumn/Winter 2009. Minimal makeup with peachy tones, minimal mascara and just a lip balm would complement this look also use a foundation that will give a dewy look. Tie hair back in a messy ponytail for laid back cool!


Finally a special thank you to maireadclabbyfashion.blogspot.com for naming me Most Stylish Blog Reader of the Week! Much appreciated!



2 comments:

  1. Oooo i love that sleeveless coral top from topshop. and i'm not normally a fan of their stuff! might have to go treat myself :) x

    ReplyDelete