Saturday 15 January 2011

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die - Thomas Campbell (1777-1844)

15/01/2010 - Start of my blog.
I don't particularly know what I am doing here, I suppose I want to use this year to do something out of the ordinary, document things. 2011 the year I have to become an 'adult', at 21 I should already be one but this year is different. I finish being a student and get a job, a job where I'm not just responsible for my life but for others too. Potentially saving peoples lives! Scary stuff!

Some background info on me then! (I love reading about others so treat others how you wish to be treated and all that!) As I've said I'm 21 and very much into my last year of being a Student Nurse. Not where I probably saw myself even 5 years ago, loved Drama and English, was very much into performing and that's where I thought I was heading. But then it came to applying for Uni and someone asked me where a degree in Drama would get me and I buckled and chose something that I thought would put me on a steady path to a career at the end of it, Nursing. (Yeah thanks David Cameron and Nick Clegg!) Aside from my studies then, I'm very much into theatre, music, poetry, and films, fashion, make up and candles(!). So at some point while I decide where I'm going with this blog I'll probably do some reviews of things I like, as suggested by a lovely lady on the Facebook More page, and some other bits and bobs.

I want to seize every opportunity this year, make the most of everything put my way, work hard and achieve what I need to get me where I want to be in life, make my parents and boyfriend proud, and most importantly myself.

Inspirational and meaning full quotes are my thing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I didn't think about how Nick Clegg (mostly him) and David Cameron were affecting nursing. I love reading about other people and I like to know about nursing too. I'm at that crossroads point too where I've graduated (a year ago) but still don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's all cuts. Bracing myself for the likelihood I'll struggle for a job. I'm thinking I might blog things I come across when out in practice. Obviously anonymously but the things you see open your eyes! What was your course?

    ReplyDelete